The Mercedes-Benz Heckflosse (tailfin) (series W108, W109, W110, W111 and W112) are a car series from the German manufacturer Mercedes-Benz, that caused a great sensation during its initial presentation on September 17, 1959 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The S-Class produced between 1959 and 1972 were Heckflosse (Fin Tail). Their external appearance is in sharp contrast compared to the previous series, the Ponton. Jump to Manuals
Shared Chassis and Body, Model Variants
Mercedes Benz W110 Workshop Repair Manuals
The Heckflosses (Fintail) were produced between 1959 and 1968 for medium ranges and until 1972 for class S. Different versions were available depending on the year, and type – sedan, coupe or station wagon.
First versions :
W 110 : 1961 – 1968
W 111 : 1959 – 1968
W 112 : 1961 – 1965
Second version :
W 108 : 1965 – 1972
W 109 : 1965 – 1972
Despite the commercial success, this series later became the unloved star to the star for several reasons:
- The silhouette is common to the 110 series (medium range), 111 (entry and mid-range high) and 112 (upper segment of the high range): the 190Dc taxi offers the same appearance as the luxurious 112, which was overloaded with chrome to differentiate
- The W111 sacrifices to the American fashion effect of the early 1960s, adding ailerons and panoramic windows. The fins are considered dangerous, while Daimler-Benz passes its W111 crash tests, and are expensive both in manufacturing and repair.
- The series ends up being unloved because it has departed from the proprieties of discretion, respectability, chic propriety to which the brand is attached.
- The 190Dc taxi offers the same appearance as the luxurious 112, which was overloaded with chrome to differentiate.
Phase 1 of the W110 type (the 190c and 190dc) replaced the 180c / 180dc of the W120 type and the 190b / 190db of the W121 type.
Production of the new 200, 200 D, 220 D and 230 models began in July 1965 at the Sindelfingen plant. The 200 and 200 D replaced 190 c and 190 dc respectively.
Mercedes W110 Models
|Plus 5,859 special purpose were built, 689 were long wheel base|
W110 Mercedes Benz vehicles were manufactured in the years
1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968
Mercedes Benz W110 Service & Repair Manuals
CD / DVD & Download Orders Work With Windows and Mac Computers. These Manuals are Compatible with many Browsers Including: Chrome | Explorer | Safari etc.
Manual Covers 1961-1968 Models, – 270mb
W110 – 190c, 190Dc, 200, 200D, 230 Sedans
Workshop Service Repair Manual, Engine, Transmission, Electrical, Chassis, Heat/AC
Delivery By Download Link: Sent to your PayPal email address PayPal Just $24.95
Click Select Model Button for Owners Manual Choices
Delivery By Download Link: Sent to your PayPal email address
PayPal Just $coming soon
FREE – MB W110 Supplements and Articles
- MB 110 05mb, 5 pages, .pdf
- MB 110 2.91mb, 27 pages, .pd